Go Down

Topic: Interest in overhauling the IDE user interface? (Read 19 times) previous topic - next topic

Graynomad

+1

Global font selection is good though. As for window size/location, probably global for that as well but please put it in somewhere.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Boffin1

I would like to click an  option to let each pair of curly braces be a different colour ?

With my mobile phone I can call people and talk to them -  how smart can you get ?

Josh Marinacci

Could you be more specific on the curly braces? You mean that braces are a different color than other text, or that each pair of braces is another color. Perhaps deeply nested braces are darker?

-j

Boffin1

Yes,  the first left one in a loop  could be say green, and the very last one the same.

Then the second one could be blue, and its matching one blue,   etc etc  even if they are nested within other pairs.

At the moment we can only highlight one pair at a time, this way they could all show up at once, with their partner.

There could only be so many colours, but they can start repeating the sequence, I think it would be clear which is which partner.
With my mobile phone I can call people and talk to them -  how smart can you get ?

eried

Yes,  the first left one in a loop  could be say green, and the very last one the same.

Then the second one could be blue, and its matching one blue,   etc etc  even if they are nested within other pairs.

At the moment we can only highlight one pair at a time, this way they could all show up at once, with their partner.

There could only be so many colours, but they can start repeating the sequence, I think it would be clear which is which partner.

When you want those colors on curly braces? I think if they are colored all the time, every sketch will look like a xmas tree adding noise and visual complexity. If is only on selection, makes sense. Same with parentheses
My website: http://ried.cl

Go Up