Go Down

Topic: Alternative to clock crystal. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

jaredpi

Sep 05, 2012, 11:05 pm Last Edit: Sep 06, 2012, 01:07 am by jaredpi Reason: 1
oscillators are 3 pin packages, what you discribe is a capacitor

No, it has three pins. Also, I remember reading somewhere that the exact value (16 MHz) of the crystal doesn't matter. If this is true, what is the margin of error (for lack of a better word) and does that also apply to oscillator as well.

wwbrown

jaredpi,

If you do not have the correct resonator in your grab bag let me know and I will drop a couple 16 MHz resonators in an envelope for you.

wade

jaredpi

If you do not have the correct resonator in your grab bag let me know and I will drop a couple 16 MHz resonators in an envelope for you.

Thanks a lot for the offer, but I was recently looking at some other threads and found out about dipmicro (http://www.dipmicro.com/store/) and the shipping is so inexpensive that I will just order from them.
Thanks,
Jared

Docedison

I have both clock oscillators at 16 Mhz as well as 16 Mhzcrystals, Your local store Mar Vac's usually doesn't have anything... I have been shopping there for 25 years. I live at State College and Ball Rd and I can leave them at the 7/11 (one block from my house) and you can pick them up... Free. I do have a lot more than I will ever use... in the rest of my life time. I need to tell you that these parts are new and unused and I get them for free from a contact I have in Shenzhen China...

Doc
--> WA7EMS <--
"The solution of every problem is another problem." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

jaredpi

Thanks a lot for the offer Docedison, but I ordered one about 2 hours before you posted (another example of Murphy's Law).
Thanks,
Jared

Go Up