Go Down

Topic: Mintrontics Mintduino chip won't program (MOVED) (Read 679 times) previous topic - next topic

AKSoapy29

Hi. I have an Arduino Breadboard kit from Mintronics, and I decided to put it together today. When I tried to program it, it didn't work. What I did later was I uploaded the blink to my Uno chip, pulled that, and put it on the breadboard. That works. I made sure to check the alignment on the Mintduino chip, and it was correct. Another user suggested it was the bootloader. I followed this tutorial on the arduino website for uploading the bootloader. That didn't work, so I am wondering what to do now.

Does anyone have any ideas? Oh, and I tried programming the chip on my Uno without success.
Andrew K.

Runaway Pancake

Sep 03, 2012, 08:43 pm Last Edit: Sep 03, 2012, 08:46 pm by Runaway Pancake Reason: 1
Can it be confirmed --

You could not upload a sketch to the mintduino-supplied 328 on the mintduino set-up. [T / F]
You could upload a sketch to the mintduino set-up with your Uno's 328 placed there. [T / F]
You could not upload a sketch to the Uno with the mintduino-supplied 328 placed there. [T / F]

You have uploaded the ArduinoISP sketch to your Uno. [T / F]
You have connected the mintduino-supplied 328 to the Uno in accordance with a tutorial (no attribution). [T / F]
You had no success with Burn Bootloader afterward. [T / F]

Y / N to T / F
"You gotta fight -- for your right -- to party!"
Don't react - Read.
"Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"
Hey, it's "bipolar transistor" or "junction transistor" - "BJT" is just stupid.

AKSoapy29

Andrew K.

Runaway Pancake

Since you have a Uno you're probably using Arduino 1.0 (not 0022)
in which case a change to the ArduinoISP sketch is necessary.

The following may be of interest
http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoISP
Don't react - Read.

AKSoapy29

There was a change in 1.0? Hmm.. I never even knew about it. Isn't it the pulse, from 40 > 20? Is there anything else? I'll keep on looking.
Andrew K.

AKSoapy29

All right, it says the burn was complete (All I forgot before was the capacitor) so now I will try uploading a sketch to it :)
Andrew K.

AKSoapy29

It works!!! Now I have 3 arduino chips, and I don't have to use my Uno's chip! Awesome :)

Thank you for the help.
Andrew K.

Runaway Pancake

Don't react - Read.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy