Go Down

Topic: Hacking the serial monitor to work at 31250 baud (Read 895 times) previous topic - next topic

SouthernAtHeart

Is this possible?  It sure would make debugging easier...

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

SouthernAtHeart

debugging of what?

Everything. But my serial comm is used to output midi, (UNO being used in this project).
I found a work around by temporarily using one button to toggle the serial speed. But if 31250 was an option in the arduino IDE monitor on my MacBook that'd be great!

Graynomad

Jun 08, 2012, 04:43 am Last Edit: Jun 08, 2012, 06:45 am by Graynomad Reason: 1
It sure would make debugging easier...

Not for the 99.99% of people who don't have to debug MIDI :)

Just download one of the free terminal programs, I haven't tried that baud rate but I would think they will handle it.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

CrossRoads

RS232 Monitor from EVMSoft does not do 31250.
http://www.evmsoft.com/
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

CrossRoads

2bam

Oct 15, 2013, 10:52 pm Last Edit: Oct 16, 2013, 01:28 am by 2bam Reason: 1
I know it's an old topic, but I landed here from a google search so others might as well.

I found a solution using PuTTY

It's not optimal because you have to close it each time you want to upload a new image but you can save a preset and double click to open it right away. I've also added a normally-closed switch which I hold while uploading, as the loading of TX/RX would distort program uploading.

Best regards

Go Up