Go Down

Topic: Chime Sound "Doorbell" with Arduino - possible ? (Read 186 times) previous topic - next topic

elektron_

Mar 14, 2015, 09:38 am Last Edit: Mar 14, 2015, 08:12 pm by elektron_
Hello,

i want to generate some sort of "Doorbell" Chime Sound with the Arduino, i.e. something like the oldfashioned SAB0600:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX4ZyhJTbhY

And i do not want to use any kind of MP3 or WAV Player as this is a complete overkill for just generating a pleasant beep  ;)

Is there any ready made Code or a Library doing this?

Thank You very much,
Christian  

Elektronik funktioniert intern mit Rauch.
Beweis: Wenn der Rauch herauskommt ist es kaputt...

DVDdoug

And i do not want to use any kind of MP3 or WAV Player as this is a complete overkill for just generating a pleasant beep  ;)  
Since the Arduino is a digital device, you are going to at-least need a digital-to-analog converter.    You could algorithmically generate some tones, or you could read WAV or MP3 data from memory.   Reading from a file/memory seems easier to me...  

Or if you don't mind square or rectangular waves, you can skip the DAC.

elektron_

Reading from a file/memory seems easier to me... 

Or if you don't mind square or rectangular waves, you can skip the DAC.

Hello,

well, reading a file would be a possible solution, but in fact the internal memory seams to be to limited so store some WAV files and adding a external SD Card just for generating a few beeps is not an elegant solution.

At the moment i dont care much about rectangular waves as the old Siemens device also did no have a pure sinewave output as well and it still sounds harmonic to some extent. Nevertheless, there is some sort of fade out of the Volume...

Christian   
Elektronik funktioniert intern mit Rauch.
Beweis: Wenn der Rauch herauskommt ist es kaputt...

jurs

i want to generate some sort of "Doorbell" Chime Sound with the Arduino, i.e. something like the oldfashioned SAB0600:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX4ZyhJTbhY
The easiest way to generate three tones is playing three tones with the Arduino tone() function:
Code: [Select]

void loop() {
  // play notes 660Hz, 550Hz and 440Hz
  tone(6, 660);
  delay(700);
  tone(6, 550);
  delay(700);
  tone(6, 440);
  delay(700);
  noTone(6);
  delay(5000);
}

Creating fancy melodies is no problem.

But if you want to emulate the behaviour of the SAB0600 playing up to three tones simultanously, with a special wave pattern and with an envelope curve of decreasing volume, things can become much more complicated.

Short PCM wave patterns can also be stored in PROGMEM data within the compiled program (8KB data in PROGMEM = 1 second playtime).

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy