Go Down

Topic: 5V Relay Board 8 Channel Connections .. HELP (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic

JanaLaine

Sep 05, 2012, 08:43 am Last Edit: Sep 05, 2012, 10:57 am by JanaLaine Reason: 1
Hi,

I recently bought this relay board, but i am not sure about the connections. Can you check my wiring diagram please.. :D

EDIT: i will be using 12VDC solenoid valve, 500mA

EDIT: Board Description added

This is what i bought:

And here's the description of the board (from http://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/ArduinoPower)

and this is my wiring diagram:

Thanks,
Jana

retrolefty

Ogoh_Ogoh

Hi JanaLaine,

Nice documentation of what You want to do!

But if my old eyes don't trick me, You mixed up the + and - of the 12 Volt supply to Your "external" valves.

0V must go to - minus of Your Valve coil and the + plus 12V get switched by the relays contacts and than must be connected to the +plus of the valves coil.

(+0V as You write is yes the Zero of the + PLUS 12 Volt supply, but "more" negative then the plus 12 Volt.)

rgds

JanaLaine

Hi JanaLaine,

Nice documentation of what You want to do!

But if my old eyes don't trick me, You mixed up the + and - of the 12 Volt supply to Your "external" valves.

0V must go to - minus of Your Valve coil and the + plus 12V get switched by the relays contacts and than must be connected to the +plus of the valves coil.

(+0V as You write is yes the Zero of the + PLUS 12 Volt supply, but "more" negative then the plus 12 Volt.)

rgds

Thanks for reminding me about the polarity. i missed that one out... -ve of the valve should be connected to -ve PS. thanks for that  8)

1 more question, if, let say, i have about 8 solenoid valve 12VDC, 500mA. What type of power supply should i buy?

- 12VDC, 1A? or 12VDC 4A?

Thanks again,
Jana

Go Up