Go Down

Topic: parallax basic stamp 2 (Read 714 times) previous topic - next topic

tuxman

I received a parallax basic 2 stamp and accessories several years ago from a friend. I was unable to use it as program was based on windows software and RS232 connection. Can this be used for arduino programming?  I also thought i saw parallax stuff being used but am very interested in the arduino software as it is open source and I am an old Linux user in my previous job.

retrolefty

I received a parallax basic 2 stamp and accessories several years ago from a friend. I was unable to use it as program was based on windows software and RS232 connection. Can this be used for arduino programming?  I also thought i saw parallax stuff being used but am very interested in the arduino software as it is open source and I am an old Linux user in my previous job.

No as the stamp used a form of the BASIC language to program in, and would not be able to work with arduino IDE C/C++ software language. It's also based on a PIC micro rather then a AVR micro that all the arduino boards use. So it was a useful learning platform in it's day, but the Arduino far surpasses it in almost every possible way. Even though you already own it, I think you would be far ahead to get an arduino and start from there.

Lefty

tuxman

I figured as much, I can at least use the servo and LED and photosensors. Thank you for the quick response.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy