Go Down

Topic: Problems with Serial Programming (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

bromatt

First post! Be gentle!!  :smiley-roll-sweat:

I've breadboarded a ATMEGA328 and managed to bootload it (using the UNO) but I am having terrible troubles loading any sketches to it.  Thinking I'd possibly cocked up the bootloader / chip I jumpered it to the socket on the uno and managed to program it, however this is not ideal as I really want it to be re-programable in situ once its installed.

I've been using a CP2102 based, usb to serial converter to attempt the programming..

Used the following diagram,

http://www.miconbkk.com/shop/m/miconbkk/img-lib/spd_20120411163027_b.jpg

It seems to reset, but immediately goes back into the 'blink' program that I programmed using the uno, and I get the error; avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00.

Any ideas chaps!?  I've already checked the CP2102 is working (looped the TX>RX) and the DTR seems ok as  its reseting.  Is there any particular setting the IDE needs to be set to use the CP2102 > Serial (apart from setting the correct usb port!)  :smiley-roll:

Many thanks in advance!

Matt   :.
Got there in the end! :)

Nick Gammon

...  I jumpered it to the socket on the uno and managed to program it ...

OK, I'll be gentle, and welcome to the forum!

What is this "it" of which you speak?

Nick Gammon

bromatt

...  I jumpered it to the socket on the uno and managed to program it ...

OK, I'll be gentle, and welcome to the forum!

What is this "it" of which you speak?

sorry managed to program the ATM328P.

bromatt

Checked out suggested page and looks like i am doing everything right, I am thinking could be the USB > Serial converter (the same error presents itself when I remove the TX/RX lines). Anyone else have any experiance with the CP2102 chipset adaptors with the arduino IDE??

Any help would be appreciated...

Regards

Matt

Go Up