Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 7" LCD and Arduino  (Read 1480 times)
Grenoble/Lyon - France
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi everyone

I was at the flea market, and I found this neat Portable LCD TV

It's a Lenco TFT-700. It wasn't working, my best bet is that the power supply died (no power led, no backlighting).

So, you guessed right, I took it appart to see if I could use the screen. As suprising as it seems, I found datasheets for the various elements.
You'll find the datasheets here :
http://melka.one.free.fr/temp/LencoLCD/

The LCD is a Prime View model PW070XU4. It's connected to a driver board via the 26 pins cable described on the datasheet. This board have a PVI1004D LCD controller chip and is connected to the motherboard via a 20 pins cable. I still have to find the pinout for this 20 pins cable.

On the motherboard, near the cable, is a SHARP IR3Y26 Video processing IC. I only have the datasheet for the IR3Y29 but they should be relatively close. The main IC on this device is a Renesas M61260 TV signal processor.

I just want to drive the LCD (via arduino or with analog signals), so I think that the Renesas and Sharp chips won't be much of use to me.

I'll continue to post here as soon as I discover more things. Cheers.

melka

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

Best of luck but the Arduino isn't fast enough to generate video (apart from some vertical colour bars)

Grenoble/Lyon - France
View Profile

Yeah, I know that, but for the challenge, I want to try displaying something on this screen ^^

Fortunately, the controller board is a lot like the example schematics given on the PVI1004D datasheet (page 44-45, 1440*234 mode, 7", VCO controlled by VL).

I just need some more informations on how driving a LCD works (HSYNC, VSYNC, etc...) and maybe, I'll really understand what I'm doing ^^

cheers
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 02:53:38 pm by melka » Logged

London
Faraday Member
Have fun!
View Profile

melka, have a look at this thread: http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1187659197

Grenoble/Lyon - France
View Profile

Thanks for the links mem, I checked them a long time ago, and they might prove useful.
From what I learnt, the LCD uses 3 lines ,Vr Vg and Vb, for the pixels color. Those voltages are directly wired to the 20pin connector, so I have generate them (between -0.3 and AVdd, 5 volts in my case). I'll first go with a greyscale thing by wiring those 3 pins together. The PVI1004D chip seems to take care of most of the timing issues, I "just" have to provide it a base clock.

More infos soon

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Do you know how to send video from an av source or from a pc  to that LCD?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 03:57:59 am by prominator » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: