Go Down

Topic: SDHC card formatting problem (Read 440 times) previous topic - next topic

paulineissard

Hi,

I've connected a catalex microsd card module on my arduino uno but I can't make it work.

When I run the CardInfo example it returns me:
Card type: SDHC
Could not find FAT16/FAT32 partition.
Make sure you've formatted the card

I've already tried formatting the card with the SD card formatter but it doesn't change anything.

When I run SdInfo from the SDfat library it returns me:
cardSize failed
SD errorCode: 0XF
SD errorData: 0X0

I've tried connecting it directly with wires and through a breadboard:the result is the same.
The SD card is a Transcend 8gb micro SDHC.

Anyone has a solution for me?
Thanks

Supertesla

It looks familiar to me. I'm waiting for an answer from a experienced member about my comment on that post for a more pratical solution and an explaination : http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=358063.0

I tried the same kind of 4 Go SDHC card and 8Go micro SDHC card. Everytime I got one of those error : "SD Card Initialization Failed!", "initialization failed", "Could not find FAT16/FAT32 partition", "Invalid format, reformat SD.", "errorCode: 0X1,0X0", etc.
I tried all sketchs from the SD Library then I searched for a more recent SDFat Library and a tested 9 of the sketchs proposed. I tested with a simple SD Card module then I bought an ethernet module to give it some fresh trials without any good results except for the sketch SdInfo from the SDFat library (I still don't know why). I downloded the new 1.6.6 IDE. I made sure I was using the right card/port while compiling and the SCK, MISO, MOSI, SS pins were the right one and the code was properly filled with right pins number (no conflict with a wire too). I tried to desactivate the Ethernet controller, to change the SPI_SPEED, to format the card with Windows (apparently not an ideal solution), with the sketch SDFormatter and with the software SDFormatter 4.0. I looked at the forum for similar issues reported, tutorials, videos and also the SD and SDFat libraries in detail to understand how it's works.

After many hours playing around I found a temporary fix that I still do not understand and that I commented in the other topic mentionned above. I really hope it'll work for you too and that an other member will have an explaination for me.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy