Go Down

Topic: Mini-Shield form factor? (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

So something like this? 71x43mm Get charged for  50x100mm cards. $22 I think?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

danb35

This idea is something I've thought about for a while.  Mainly because seeedstudio's $10 PCBs are 1.9" square and the arduino shield needs to be 2.1" to span both rows of headers.

Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure I've seen shields done on the 5 cm square boards.  The header pin holes are awfully close to the edges, but they appear to fit.

Oracle

Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure I've seen shields done on the 5 cm square boards.  The header pin holes are awfully close to the edges, but they appear to fit.

I believe that might be possible if you basically solder the headers along the outer edges of the board, maybe have drill holes that are broken open by the edge of the board as guides.  I couldn't find anything about it though.  If you have any links, I'd love to see how it came out.

Graynomad

maybe have drill holes that are broken open by the edge of the board as guides.

You could probably use "castellated vias" (vias that are cut in half by the routing process) and solder the headers along the edge of the PCB.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Go Up