Go Down

Topic: Programming just once (Read 328 times) previous topic - next topic

acatalan

First I want to say that I posted this topic (http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,119955.0.html) and I made some progress but I have new issues now.

I am able to burn the bootloader using the arduino as isp. Then I use a FTDI board to program it. And it works, the problem is that when I want to program it again (or upload a new scketch) it gives me an avrdude get_sync error. But if I burn the bootloader again, it allows me to program it again just once. Anybody know what it could be?

It is all connected together (and after that I burn the bootloader and then the uploading works just once), so it should not be a connection issue, but so far I have no clue what it could be. I can work with the board but I want to avoid the bootloader burning every time.
Thanks!

retrolefty

My guess, and just a guess, is that the target board/circuit you are mounting the chip in after burning the bootloader is not handling the Arduino auto-reset pulse. Could you give more details about your target board and or the FTDI module and how you are wiring them up?

Lefty

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy