Go Down

Topic: AS1130 First attempt - working (Read 21 times) previous topic - next topic

Hexadec

Here's how the stripboard layout started.

Obviously all the LEDs are the same colour but in the pic they illustrate the direction of the cathodes on the board.

Green is cathode down and red is cathode up.

The reason they are soldered to one side is to enable me to solder the AS1130 and an ATMega328 on the same board and also to connect to a mirror image board to give me 24x11.

Also I've got lots of ideas for RGB matrices...but I can't face all that soldering at the moment.... :smiley-mr-green:

HTH
Sponge.
I'm allowed to have it 'cos it's not sharp.

Hexadec

On the subject of the cross-plexed matrix, here is how I simplified (!) the diagram to enable me to understand what was going on.
Sponge.

Hexadec

Hi Funky

I got the chips from AMS and soldered one onto an adaptor board that I got from China (complete with header pins  :D) I then soldered all the components as per the diagram in my upload straight onto the adaptor board. This gave me a little plug-in unit that works as a module.

At present, this is plugged into a very old RS breadboard and driven by a R2 Uno.

This is my first time programming the Atmega chips but I've been programming PICs and micros for a long time.

I'll get some pics together but meanwhile  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ3lE_iK7_s&feature=g-upl will give you an idea of the stripboard matrix and the sketch uploaded in this thread.

I have just made a Christmas tree (pretty crappy graphics) that demonstrate using 2 frames as pictures and 2 PWM sets to flash the lights.

I'll upload that soon for your perusal and I hope use.  :smiley-mr-green:

I think I've got this chip pretty well sussed out now and am just working on a simple spreadsheet to produce the graphics frames as binary data.

Have fun mate and success with your free samples.

ps I've just been shipped another 3.........what a cheek eh?  ;)
Sponge.

funkyguy4000

Hey this is great! I've only just received my breakout boards.
Could you please photograph your setup?  I'm still a little confused on the charlieplexing that it uses.
Accelerate to 88 miles per hour.

Hexadec

Latest version uploaded...with full 36 frame movie showing scrolling.

Working on picture animation next with PWM dataset.

Wish me luck  :smiley-mr-green:
Sponge.

Go Up