Go Down

Topic: AS1130 First attempt - working (Read 21 times) previous topic - next topic

Hexadec

Update on the IRQ problem:

Still haven't managed to set the address pointer to the correct register using wire but 1 major issue is solved.

The Control register address words are not contiguous...they read from 0x00 to 0x0B skip 2 then start at 0x0E again. so reading 14 bytes does not read all the registers as in my code but only reads as far as the 2 unused registers 0x0C & 0x0D. This means the IRQ status is never read and hence the IRQ pin is never cleared!

Oh well...I'm always telling people to RTF datasheets...... :smiley-eek:

At least now I can get on with the 24 x 22 matrix when the parts arrive from China.  :smiley-mr-green:
Sponge.
I'm allowed to have it 'cos it's not sharp.

funkyguy4000

Interesting,  I'll have read the datasheet (again!) to understand.

How long do you think it'll take for them to arrive?
Usually takes about 25 days for me
Accelerate to 88 miles per hour.

Hexadec

Nov 08, 2012, 04:46 pm Last Edit: Nov 08, 2012, 08:45 pm by Hexadec Reason: 1
Have a look at Table 13 reg. addresses...I had noticed it before but it didn't sink in that there were 2 addresses missing.

The veroboards arrived today and I already have about 400 LEDs so I'll be making a start pretty soon... :smiley-mr-green:

BTW it usually takes between 10 and 28 days to the UK.
Sponge.

Hexadec

Nov 09, 2012, 04:27 pm Last Edit: Nov 09, 2012, 04:32 pm by Hexadec Reason: 1
The software shutdown is implemented by the LSb of the Shutdown open short register.
Hardware shutdown is implemented by the RSTN pin.

According to the datasheet all the RSTN lines are connected together for all chips.

Obviously, the Shutdown open short register is different for each chip...so you need to send 3 commands for 3 chips.  ;)

The decision you have to make is whether you want to seperately Hard reset each AS1130 or whether you want to do them all at once. In the first case you need 3 dedicated pins, in the second only 1.

Or

You can leave the RSTN pins clear of the MCU and just use a button (this is what I have done)
Sponge.

Hexadec

You can hard reset all the chips by connecting the RSTN lines together and pulling them to GND.

You can do this either with the MCU or a button (or both)

___________________________________________________________________________________
There is no way of soft resetting all the chips using one command.

Each chip has it's own Shutdown register and you have to clear the shdn bit in each chip seperately.

___________________________________________________________________________________

There might be a way of resetting them all with software but I haven't tried it and the datasheet is not clear about it but you can get all the chips to respond on the same address which may mean that one write to the Shutdown reg. will do them all. You'll have to try it to find out.  :smiley-mr-green:

Sponge.

Go Up