Go Down

Topic: Bus Times LED Display (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Hello, hopefully this is the right forum for my question.  I am just starting to learn about Arduino and thought of a neat project and wanted to know exactly what I will need to complete it and if it was even feasible.  I use public transportation daily and am looking at using an LED display to show a few different things - Time, Temp, Bus Number, Next Arrival Time.  Most likely on two lines, all coming from this website, http://www.ctabustracker.com/bustime/eta/eta.jsp.  I would prefer to have it sitting away from my computer and router, so a board with built in wireless or a wifi shield will be necessary.  Since I am starting from scratch, what all will I need to buy to complete this project?  Side note: I am pretty confident in my coding abilities, but everything else will be pretty new to me, is this too hard of a project to start with?

Thank you!

Sorry, meant to say LCD display, not LED.  Although I guess either would be suitable

filtering information from a website and displaying it on a LCD?
Yes, it's feasible.
You'll need an Arduino (Uno or Leonardo), Wifi-Shield, and an LCD-Display.
(Sparkfun's Serial LCD-Display is very easy to use)

The major problem is to find the information you are looking for in the html-code of the website.
I took a look at it's source-code and it seems it's mostly working with javascript, which complicates the whole thing.

I didn't know they had a public API, so I just got access to that which should make the coding aspect extremely easy.  Reconsidering the wireless aspect now though, didn't realize how expensive the WiFi-Shield was :/

Sep 27, 2012, 08:40 am Last Edit: Sep 27, 2012, 08:42 am by sunriseled Reason: 1
Hi Kripp88

I'm working in a LED display company.i don't cleared, You are asking the process of bus route LED display or coding for that process of bus times LED Display.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131