Go Down

Topic: Looking to build my first project (Read 980 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi, I am new to the forum so i apologise if i have placed this thread in the wrong section....

I am looking to build a MIDI controller for Logic Studio.

My spec is an 8 channel 'mixer' with a motorised touch sensitive fader, rotary encoder/potentiometer & 5 buttons on each channel, along with transport buttons (total of 7), a pair of bank select buttons (for shifting along when there is more than 8 tracks) and potentially a master channel fader with rotary encoder (maybe a couple of buttons but i can't think what use they would be).

I have a few questions on the above if anybody could kindly help....

Could this be done with an Arduino board? if so would it be a case of wiring all of the components up as per the Arduino spec/instructions and then using the software to program?

I also would like the buttons i use to illuminate when active. For example one of the buttons would be a solo button, so when active i would like this to illuminate. Would this be a case of taking a MIDI signal out of Logic and using it to illuminate when it receives a signal to state that it is active? or would it be done purely with electronics, on sets the light to on as well as sending a MIDI signal, and off would do the opposite.

Also for the touch sensitive faders i would like an LED or two to illuminate when being touched, and potentially another to increase in brightness as the fader level is increased. I have seen this done before but i believe it was done electronically rather than activated via midi signal. For example the LED activates due to circuitry regardless of a MIDI signal being sent back or not.

I understand this is quite a large project to be taking on as a first project, but if i am building to have a MIDI controller suited to me, then i might as well be very specific in what i want.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131