Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ground in schematics to which ground the battery or arduino ?  (Read 533 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have a read a topic on L298 H bridge and i was given this schematic... The schematic has 4 grounds which grounds do I connect to arduino (5v) and which to the other power supply for the motors (12v battery)

* L298.jpg (115.3 KB, 808x1060 - viewed 33 times.)

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

All grounds need to be connected.
Preferably all to the same point, the battery - , but that is not always practical.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

Thanks for replying in a short time smiley, So I can connect all the grounds to the same ground (arduino 5v or bateery 12v) ? Is that true ? Thanks in advance smiley

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Yes. Connect all grounds. Ground is used as the reference point for all signals.
Battery -
Arduino Ground
Any signal grounds

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

USA, FL
God Member
A life? Where can I download one of those?
View Profile

I thought that you couldn't (without some more components) connect a v5 ground and a different voltage ground...  Am I wrong on this?

//LiNK

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

All grounds need to be connected unless the portions of the system are electrically isolated. I don't see that here.

USA, FL
God Member
A life? Where can I download one of those?
View Profile

Thanks CrossRoads.

//LiNK

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: