Go Down

Topic: x10 Project - Dirt Simple (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic

Enddoc

There is a need for a x10 controller that does not require your PC to be powered up all the time. I've tried a few times to find a reasonable x10 controller but not since the CP290 days has that type of controller existed at a reasonable price.

If you can't buy it then you must make it - who said that?

Well anyway I'm nearly done. I used VS2010 both Visual Micro and CSharp to combine data base, EEprom, x10 interfacing and the like.

I'll over the next weeks I'm fully documenting my effort, website is www.EcoXsaver.com.

Take a look and comment, please.  :)

zoomkat

I've got a couple of the below cm17a firecrackers saved back for future x10 projects.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/380347946103?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

Enddoc

How does the CM17A remember any stored x10 commands? The CM17a is stupid because your PC must always be on to run a x10 command at a certain time. The CP290 controller stored commands that were sent to it the CM17a is a communication device not a controller. :smiley-eek-blue:

None of the devices shown on the webpage you provided work without a PC always on, no not one of any of those devices stores commands for timed execution. CM17a or CM11a or CM19a are not standalone controllers I used them all...dumb, dumb and dumber, LOL  :D

My project be a stand alone controller by this weekend!!! Everyone can duplicate it if they want to. I'll be posting the sketch, PC interface program, schematics and parts list over the next couple of weeks. Target cost is $50 or less in parts.

Presently direct commands work so the DB table needs to be sent over the USB cable, yet. Tonight maybe for stored commands in the Arduino at specified times 'on and off'.

Cheap, Simple x10 controllers don't exist, yet.  8) (Keyword is yet).

zoomkat

The CM17a is stupid because your PC must always be on to run a x10 command at a certain time.

So who said a cm17a has to be operated from a computer (besides you)?  ;)  "I used VS2010 both Visual Micro and CSharp" and "PC interface program" sounds pc involved. So what part does the arduino play in the project?
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

Enddoc

My Arduino has a DB table for the commands at specific time to do on or off, http://ecoxsaver.com/index.php?page=Functional-Block-Diagram . It also has a Real Time Clock with its own battery to keep track of the time of day, http://ecoxsaver.com/index.php?page=how-x10-controller-works. The Arduino connects via phone cable  to TW523 as a power line interface.

Do you have CM17a that will turn x10 devices on and off on its own? It stores the x10 commands that are executed at a particular time daily/weekly without another controller? If so, tell me how... Do you know what CP290 is? 

And I quote." FireCracker Software>
Using the software, you send commands to the computer interface that you've plugged into the back of your computer (see above). The interface sends commands to the transceiver module, which translates the wireless signal into an X10 signal."

Never does it say it stores any commands.

Just what I want my PC on all the time...to do timed commands, umm.

Go Up