Go Down

Topic: Steering wheel remote audio control (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

LazyFao

Good day.
I'm trying to figure out how to translate resistance getting from steering wheel audio cotrol buttons (SWC) to resistance pattern which one understandable for audio head unit via remote control input.

HU is Sony XAV-601BT. It's RC-input compatible with Sony RM-X4S remote controller with resistive buttons. Scheme is below (scheme is the same both for Pioneer and Sony HU):

SWC resistance buttons pattern is unkown. Couldn't find any info about resistor nominals and controlling resistance on 2-wire cable which connected to stock HU. My car is Subaru Forester SG9 2.5XT '05 and stock HU is SUBARU GX806EF2 (OEM Kenwood).

Rear panel terminals scheme (sorry for quality, it's the best one I found)

SWC wires are on 8-pin harness. Using Subaru's pin numbering, it's pins 2 (+) and 6 (-).
Looking at the rear:
__--__
4  3  2   1
8  7  6  5

So my idea is to connect 2 wires to Arduino then read all resistance regarding to all buttons on SWC. Then to program Arduino for specific reaction by output resistance for each command to Sony HU.

So my question: is there straightway to "generate" resistance by Arduino?

Thanks in advance.

MarkT

[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

LazyFao

Okay, thank you, MarkT
Resistor or a couple of. I understand. Or maybe digital potentiometer controlled by Arduino?

dop2000

I managed to build an adapter for steering wheel controls with arduino nano and a digital potentiometer.
Can provide details if anyone is interested.

KenF

It looks like you can practically just take the sleeve (-) and feed that to an input pin with a pull down resistor of suitable value.  If this is currently also still connected to the radio, the radio itself will likely already be providing a pull down. 

Go Up