Go Down

Topic: smooth 0-10v output (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Joes

hi there im trying to convert my 0-5v pwm output of the arduino to a smooth 0-10v for a high frequency flourescent i come across this just wanted to make sure that this would work or if people have got better suggestions?

http://aartsite.nl/licht/o_5vhrfi.htm

retrolefty

That circuit looks like a good and proper way to accomplish the task.

Lefty

Joes

Joes

on that he is using a LM324 i dont need 4 lost of it, just 2 so will this be fine?
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/operational-amplifiers/0463145/

Docedison

Yeah, I do it's probably what was used originally, the 358 is a Very common Op-Amp. Made by almost everyone in the semiconductor business and there are several dozen others with the same pin-out with varying characteristics. Since the device is driving a transistor it is a current feedback loop. It is easy to misuse and if misused not perform with anything like expected. there is a hard limit of about 200 mA on that transistor and a power type will not perform either as with most op-amps the output drive current is limited so controlling a bigger transistor has it's issues. Good Luck.

Doc
--> WA7EMS <--
"The solution of every problem is another problem." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

MarkT

The only problem with that circuit might be stability - adding a 47pF capacitor between the opamp output and its inverting (-) input would cure that.

The issue is that the opamp feedback path has to go through a potentially slow component (transistor) and drive a capacitive load (C3) - this might introduce enough phase-lag to induce oscillations.  The small capacitor would provide a high-frequency lagless feedback path to quell such a tendancy without affecting low frequency behaviour.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

akis31

i am doing the same project, i want to control a dimmable ballast,
is this circuit working? could you share the schematic please?

raschemmel

Are you planning to use an RC LP filter between the arduino and the op amp non-inverting amplifier
circuit ?
Arduino UNOs, Pro-Minis, ATMega328, ATtiny85, LCDs, MCP4162, keypads,<br />DS18B20s,74c922,nRF24L01, RS232, SD card, RC fixed wing, quadcopter

akis31

i have already an Lm 358n and an Lm 741, i am thinking of using two 10k res as Rf and Rin connected to the invrerting input and a 22k res and 0,47u cap at the non-inverting input.
But reading older posts they say that using a simple npn transistor can do the same job.

akis31

any other idea or suggestion?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy