Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: smallest blutooth module ?  (Read 1139 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi guys!!
I want to build a finger ring with bluetooth inside it. Turns out the modules available are quite large.
Has anyone come across a bluetooth module that can be comfortably put inside a ring, say a module that would be less than 8mm X 8mm.
I also want an antenna (any type, normal or chip), because i finally want to interface the ring with my android phone.

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
Lua rocks!
View Profile

Don't cross-post please. Your other post deleted.

Gosport, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

interface the ring with my android phone.

In what way? Serial, or Hands-free, or A2DP, or something else?

There is a bluetooth module inside one of the earpieces in these http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/backbeat-go so they get quite small (see pic).

* BackbeatGo.jpg (282.68 KB, 716x475 - viewed 35 times.)

View Profile

interface the ring with my android phone.

In what way? Serial, or Hands-free, or A2DP, or something else?

There is a bluetooth module inside one of the earpieces in these http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/backbeat-go so they get quite small (see pic).

Well, I just want to send some characters at the press of a button from the ring to the phone, just to do some simple stuff like turn on music or change songs etc. Now my problem is that I am stuck with these big bluetooth modules, which are easy to program via AT commands, but I can not fit them in the ring.
The picture you just shared, which chip is the bluetooth on that - left or right?
Can you give me some idea as to how can the bluetooth be programmed, if not for the AT commands?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: