Need a simple remote control for TV

Can anyone tell he how to make a simple remote with UNO using an IR from the remote control to control my TV? Just need basic options like switching on/off, channel change and volume change. I dont have money for any shields or other parts :grin:

So you don't have enough money to buy an IR transmitter? That might make a project that needs to send IR commands a bit difficult.

Or are you planning on hacking your remote control?

As far as telling you how to do it, sure...

First, you plan out what you need it to do. You then gather the necessary parts, hook them up and test them individually. At that point you can start writing the code, testing,and debugging until you get a fully functioning project.

Search the Old forum for "remote control for granny", great thread on TV remote.

u only need the ir led and buttons, to make a remote but u have to know the code of each button of your tv and how many times it send to your tv, try to look for a library, there is sony and other brands library, or try to look for a project more complex leaving only the necessary parts.

for working remote u only need 1 ir led that can be attack to pin 13 thats already have a resistor and a way to tell arduino u are presing a buton

@fenix8k
This is NOT a telephone chat line. u != you. Spell out words properly.

Is the old forum not working anymore? I just tried it, it brings up the current forum top level.

@fenix8k:
"pin 13 thats already have a resistor" INCORRECT!!
Pin 13 may have a resistor in series with an onboard LED, it does not have one to limit current to external devices.
On the most recent Uno, the on-board resistor/LED is not even driven by pin 13; pin 13 drives a buffer that drives the LED.

PaulS:
@fenix8k
This is NOT a telephone chat line. u != you. Spell out words properly.

ok sorry i'm at work and i have to write fast xD
the pin 13 on arduino is prepare to drive a led without a resistor that is was trying to say xD sorry