Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 328p @ 16MHz and 3.3V?  (Read 1544 times)
God Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I know the data sheet says you really should have something like at least 3.6V Vin to power a 328p @ 16MHz, but I've got a little "pro mini" style clone board that seems to doing just fine running on 3.3V.

Anyone else have experience/thoughts/comments about running at 16MHz with only 3.3V? I'm finding this quite useful, in some applications it can simplify a lot of things, if it really turns out to be as solid as it seems...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 02:03:00 am by pico » Logged

WiFi shields/Yun too expensive? Embeddedcoolness.com is now selling the RFXduino nRF24L01+ <-> TCP/IP Linux gateway: Simpler, more affordable, and even more powerful wireless Internet connectivity for *all* your Arduino projects! (nRF24L01+ shield and dev board kits available too.)

View Profile

ATmega's are overclocking-friendly, the undervolting of 0,3V should be no problem. I made some tests with that setting and all of these passed without problems. But make sure that you run your board under the worst case temp specs of atmel.

View Profile

I have a view jeenode running 16@3.3 without a problem,
Take a look at
http://jeelabs.org/tag/jeenode/

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

The Seeeduino folks have in their standard 328p clone board a manual slide switch which can force the board to be powered either at 5 or 3.3 volts, both operating at 16Mhz, so I don't think you will see a problem exceeding the Atmel's datasheet speed Vs Vcc spec.

Lefty

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: