Go Down

Topic: Bouncing off ideas: putting a signal processor (c5515 ) on top of an uno (Read 76 times) previous topic - next topic

3x10e8

Hello, I am learning about signal processors by working with a c5515 ezDSP board from Spectrum Digital / Texas Instruments. It seems like a nice platform for getting into DSP, and the chip supports a variety of communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, I2S), which, with some level shifting, can directly interface with an Uno, so we can process signals coming out of any arduino-compatible sensor, in real time, on the DSP.

I'm starting out by making an adapter, so we can just plug the ezDSP board on top of an Uno, but I want to eventually remodel the ezDSP board as a stand-alone shield, just like the arduino-compatible-FPGA-shield from hackaday.

The thing is that I have to use the vendor's IDE to program the DSP, so, if possible, I would like to bypass that with command line tools (along the lines of c6run) for directly loading C code onto the signal processor. If this works out, it would be ideal to have the DSP on an R-Pi / BeagleBone Black cape instead, where an arduino can collect data, send it off to the DSP, which can process it, and then the little linux computer can store / display / send off the results.

Any thoughts, ideas, and suggestions would be appreciated!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy