Go Down

Topic: Karma is back (Read 11895 times) previous topic - next topic

Jantje

You can, will supposedly take you 100 hours, with 1 hr limit between karma clicking.

Not that he doesn't deserve  it (and you also) as two of the  busiest moderators keeping posts in the right forums & stuff.

If we do it with 10 we can do it in 10 hours :-)

PS there is no time delay when not using the same name. I just tested it with CrossRoads and Graynomad.
Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

retrolefty

Sep 22, 2012, 01:02 am Last Edit: Sep 22, 2012, 02:11 am by retrolefty Reason: 1

Send it back to Apple for a new $300 battery and a free tune-up?  ;)

$300?  Are you serious?

It must be, you read it here on the internet.  ;)

About this Karma thing. About the only thing more useless then the karma count is the long posting threads it causes after it's activated, as this one it likely to become. Someone should find the long thread created the last time it was implemented here, that time with plus and minus karma counts shown. It was quite funny following that thread but had the equivalent value of a delay(max long integer) time sink. But thankfully someone killed it before the rollover happened.

Actually that might be the best solution for the Karma counter, just make it an unsigned byte that will roll over, so even a karma count of 0 won't mean anything significant.  8)

Lefty

tuxduino

About the only thing more useless then the karma count is the long posting threads it causes after it's activated

causing even more load on the website

Msquare

<resigned sigh ....>

Coding Badly

Uh oh.  Looks like I've done something terrible...

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 1 hours.

I wonder if that docks my karma.

Nick Gammon

Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info:
http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

Coding Badly

Me thinks a programmer got lazy.  Tsk.  Tsk.

tuxduino

print "Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 1 hour"
if (config.hoursToWait > 1) { print "s"; }
print "."

Pedro147

I keep moving posts around and demanding that people supply more information. Oh yeah, and post their error messages. And their circuits.

It is a thankless task being an online cyber policeman Nick. Keep up the good fight I say
http://www.pedroduino.com

MichaelMeissner

I haven't dug through all of the old posts on this, but it might be nice to know when we get new karma points, much like occasionally I see popups for replies in threads I've posted to (but not always).  Even nicer to know what thread people were reading when they decided to give me karma points.  I don't care who gave me the points, but it would be nice to know which of the current threads people feel I'm being helpful.  But I can see how no matter what you do, it is open to people trying to game the system.

CrossRoads

Game the system? I don't think you can karma yourself, only other people.

The popups do seem a little random at times.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Grumpy_Mike

Game the system? I don't think you can karma yourself

No but you could set up another account to do the karmaing if you actually cared that much about it.

Jantje

Game the system? I don't think you can karma yourself

No but you could set up another account to do the karmaing if you actually cared that much about it.

With your karma of 128 and this statement I get suspicious  ]:D
Have you tried? ]:D

Best regards
Jantje
Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

Msquare

Grumpy Mike deserves all the Karma he can get. There - I just gave him another.

funkyguy4000

Dun forget CrossRoads and JamesC45
Accelerate to 88 miles per hour.

Go Up