Go Down

Topic: Karma is back (Read 11 times) previous topic - next topic

Grumpy_Mike

Game the system? I don't think you can karma yourself

No but you could set up another account to do the karmaing if you actually cared that much about it.

With your karma of 128 and this statement I get suspicious  ]:D
Have you tried? ]:D

Best regards
Jantje

The clue was in the "if you cared " bit
Most of that Kama was from last time where I had 80 something positave and an equal ammount of negitave giving me an overall Kama of zero.
The problem is there is no feedback mechanism so it can't affect your behavoure because you don't know what you did right or wrong.

tuxduino

The problem is there is no feedback mechanism so it can't affect your behavoure because you don't know what you did right or wrong.

IOW Karma is useless... :P

Jantje

@Grumpy
I noticed the "if you actually cared". I was only joking. From previous encounters I would say you know; but I have the impression others do not.

IOW Karma is useless... :P

I agree that this makes Karma useless as a learning tool to the receiver.
It still shows you how much your positive actions are appreciated. You do not have a clue on the negative ones. And you also have to take into account the possibility of "I don't give karma to this **** who posted 2 days ago an anoying answer"
It is however a tool to be used with caution for the newbee who can use the Karma (in combination with the number of posts) to get an idea of how thrust worthy the info by a member is.
For instance: if 1 member with Karma 1 states it is A and 3 members with Karma 20+ say is is not A; I would know what to believe.

Best regards
Jantje
Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

tuxduino

It is however a tool to be used with caution for the newbee who can use the Karma (in combination with the number of posts) to get an idea of how thrust worthy the info by a member is.
For instance: if 1 member with Karma 1 states it is A and 3 members with Karma 20+ say is is not A; I would know what to believe.

Maybe I'm just being overoptimistic, but I usually feel like I can tell "good" responses from "bad" ones by just reading them in context, and possibly looking at a few other of either author's posts (and yes, the number of posts is relevant).

But I agree that used with caution, as you suggest, karma could be helpful to some.

SurferTim

If you want to get rid of something that is worthless, drop the "posts" number from all users. There are some here that post a lot, but have nothing to say. At least karma is awarded from others, not yourself.

Go Up