Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Author Topic: Karma is back  (Read 9140 times)
Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Work hard & don't disappoint the boss. Don't lie. Learn from your mistakes. Don't abuse phone & internet access if you have it.  And yet, enjoy what you're doing.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Not to be off topic but is there any advice from the ones that have been in the industry for a while that you could share with a student who is studying to go into the industry soon?

If you really enjoy the work that is the single best thing that will get through a whole lot of random stuff you will come across in industry, like abusive bosses (they come and go, don't freak out if you randomly draw one for awhile, that too will pass) and flakey peers. If it's a technical field, never stop learning even if you have to do it on your time, the tech changes to fast to sit back with only past knowledge and skills. Treat all people as you would have them treat you. Try and enjoy the journey, many of us feels it's only a one time trip.

Lefty

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

Not to be off topic but is there any advice from the ones that have been in the industry for a while that you could share with a student who is studying to go into the industry soon?
Stay on topic.

Wisconsin
Edison Member
I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!
View Profile

I usually stay on topic, although we've been having a conversation about karma for 6 pages.  Honestly what could you possibly have to talk about in the topic of karma for 6 pages?  It honestly just feels either like a post dump or little discussions that don't matter.  The entire point is in the title, karma is back.  I can't be the only one who feels like this.

Accelerate to 88 miles per hour.

Gosport, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

I agree, this veered off into Bar Sport territory pages back.

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

I usually stay on topic
I jerked your chain a little, and it came right off. Sorry about that.

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

Perhaps worthless to you, but at best that is a subjective opinion. If we dropped the post count how would we ever know which members are the most prolific in the site statistic page linked below? I once 'won' a $200 credit from the Arduino store for being in the top five posters at the time, so I could personally never call post counts worthless, now could I?

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?action=stats

The "Top Topic Starters" statistic is somewhat skewed - moderators get a new topic every time they move a misplaced thread. Mostly I forget to delete the redirection topic, so posts build up, which is why I'd like to see the redirection threads auto-destruct.

(I got a freebie too for being  a "top 5" poster, but because the award was completely out of the blue and not advertised, it can't be deemed an "incentive")

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Wisconsin
Edison Member
I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!
View Profile

I honestly completely forgot that there was an arduino store.  I've always bought my arduino stuff from distributors in the US

Accelerate to 88 miles per hour.

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

Back on the subject of Kama.
How come that one of the most "challenging" posters has got a Kama of +1?
Makes no sense.

He is challenging in that his language ability or his intellect make it imposable to help him.
Surely that tells you the value of Kama.

Can you guess who he is Nick  smiley-wink 

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Jump to: