Go Down

Topic: LED driver ic. What devices do you all use? (Read 764 times) previous topic - next topic

Pavilion1984

Hello forum,

Am just interested about what 16 bit LED drivers you all use? Do you prefer i2c or SPI? I have never used 12c or SPI before and am trying to get a bit of background on the most commonly used LED drivers around here. If i choose one that is used alot around here i may have a better chance on getting it to work.

Many thanks.

CrossRoads

TPIC6B595, with SPI
Use 2 for 16 bit

Also look at TLC5940 & WS2803
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

JoeN

I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they would not teach me of in college.

Tom Carpenter

If you don't mind soldering SMD components, I have used the TLC5947, and am about to start playing with the TLC5951 as well.
~Tom~

Pavilion1984

Thanks I will have a look. SMD soldering is my job so that's not a problem lol. The chip I was looking at can also be used as i/o expander but is optimised for LEDs with brightness control.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy