Go Down

Topic: Please help, arduino upload made my printer unresponsive. (Read 92 times) previous topic - next topic

tattered

Hi.  i recently built a geeetech prusa I3 PRO B.

Everything was going well, had it working through repetier host.

until i downloaded arduino.  Only made the basic changes, checked it and uploaded to printer.  The arduino went a bit crazy with lights and the lcd made a long, loud noise and is now just backlit with, black boxes (doesnt look promising).

kept giving error messages in repetier host and manual control doesn't work, just says "command waiting".

uploaded the "blink" code on arduino.  it worked fine.
re-loaded the first code again that i modified slightly and although the arduino and lcd are no longer making noise and flashing there is still no display.

repetier host no longer has errors but it still wont connect properly (doesnt have the usual connection log).

I cant for the life of me figure out whats wrong.  is the arduino fried? computer still sees it and it accepts uploads.

P.S     there was one instruction that i couldnt find so didnt change, apparently in pins.h i sould be able to enable "#define RAMPS_V_1_4"

If there is any other information that might help, please let me know.

spycatcher2k

Get the original firmware your printer was flashed with, and test it with that.
Drew.
http://www.uk-pcb.co.uk - My UK Based PCB Fab & Assembly Company
Design & Assembly work undertaken - Arduino repairs & testing - PM for details.

johnwasser

Sounds like the firmware you uploaded to your printer was not configured properly for your printer.  Get the pre-configured firmware from GeeeTech.  

http://www.geeetech.com/acrylic-geeetech-i3-pro-b-3d-printer-kit-p-917.html

Follow the link that says "download firmware here".
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp

tattered

thanks guys.  That would make a lot of sense.  Not sure how to get the original software.

tried the link you provided.  I think I had the wrong marlin.

I have downloaded these now.

"5) Firmware for I3 pro&proB

I3 pro&proB(GT2560)

Marlin-PI3_Pro_B.zip
    Marlin-PI3_pro_B
    (299.21 KiB) Downloaded 1953 times

I3 pro&proB(ramps)

PI3B-ramps.rar
    PI3B-ramps
    (229.7 KiB) Downloaded 518 times

I3 pro&proB(sanguinololu)

PI3B-Sanguino.rar
    PI3B-sanguinololu
    (229.88 KiB) Downloaded 482 times"

without luck the first one made no change and the other two don't seem to have the marlin script on them.

is the first one the the one i want?

tattered

I finally got it all back, using that first zip file.  I think where i was running into trouble is "motherboard"  i thought i had to change it, when left alone as "ultimaker" its all worked for me.

I did have the wrong marlin originally though.

you guys so totally rock, thanks again!

johnwasser

For future 3D Printer help, particularly for RepRap models like your Prusa, you will probably have better results with the RepRap forums: http://forums.reprap.org
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy