Go Down

Topic: please help me build some code? (job) (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

bograt

Hello all,

I am new to this forum, and in fact new to arduino altogether.
I have a project planned but have really no expertise in arduino code, I have a fair understanding of electronics but not great.
My plan involves controlling a load of LEDs (up to 150 groups) individually, I would want to time when, how long, and how bright the leds would come on for.
There will only be 4 seperate lighting patterns which I hope will simplify things somewhat, hopefully just main commands)
the Leds I will be using will be cut from a 12v strip or 'ribbon' of 300 5630 leds cut into groups of 3 (so 1 channel = 3 leds)
I may not need any sensors in this project for so everything can be time controlled (apart from a start sequence trigger) but at some stage I may want to alter this to a signal triggering each of the 4 stages.

I found this Tutorial: http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/LEDDriver
which looks very useful but as I said I have no expertise really and very limited time to learn.
Is there anyone that can help me?
If someone can help me set this up successfully I be happy to pay for the work via Paypal, I would explain in more detail and exactly what I need.
I think I would only require the code but if someone could help explain a few details about the construction such as 'daisychaining' this may help me greatly.

Thanks,

Jules

dxw00d

This should be posted in Gigs and Collaborations - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,26.0.html

holmes4

1. Producing code for this depends a lot on the hardware. Can you give more detail?

2. What do you mean by groups? Would for example all the leds in a group be on /off at the same time.

3. What do you mean by channel as in " the Leds I will be using will be cut from a 12v strip or 'ribbon' of 300 5630 leds cut into groups of 3 (so 1 channel = 3 leds)". How do channels fit into groups?

4. Is 5630 the led type?

5. Are the leds 12v or 5v I think you mean 12v which does make a big cost differance.

Mark

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy