Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 24 hours Clock with LOL Shield  (Read 2047 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi everybody,

I recently bought a LOL Shield and a RTC and I want to make a digital clock like this:

Can anyone help me with the code? The library of LOL Shield is very complex and I can't find a way to start.

Thanks smiley

Massachusetts, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

Start with the LoL_Shield_FontTest.pde to see how to display characters.  Get the time from your clock chip and display it.

Have you figured out how to draw "10:48" in 14 columns?  That's less than three columns per character!  You may want to scroll the time through.

Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hey John, thanks for the answer!

Yeah, I'm working with this .pde since yesterday and actually have no way to display what I want horizontally...So I found this clock:

(http://www.thisispete.com/whiteblock/)

Any idea of how to make that? I know I have to draw each point in the shield. In the library examples, have any one that I can use to draw each "pixel"?

Thanks!

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I had some progress here. Looking to the library, I saw that I can use LedSign::Set to set any led on or off in the matrix.
Now I will draw the digit and let see what happens!

View Profile

How about a TixClock (search with google to see examples) . . . I have successfully managed to get days, month, hours and minutes comfortably fitted onto the LoL Shield using this approach . . . and you get something a little more interesting and unique !

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: