Go Down

Topic: Where is the Serial data stored? (Read 126 times) previous topic - next topic

uduyt

Hello everyone,

I am using an Arduino Uno with a Bluetooth module which writes to the serial. I can connect my phone to the module and send data, but when the data reaches 4KB, the whole connection drops.

After investigating, I found that the problem might be that the serial saves all data into a memory, (I don't know the type, probably RAM) and this memory gets filled up. The thing is, I don't need to store this data.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I think the best solution is to tell the serial to save the data in the same location every time, overwriting the previous data or maybe not save it at all.

Thanks in advance

AWOL

I am using an Arduino Uno
but when the data reaches 4KB
In a processor with 2kB RAM?
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
I don't think we know what the problem is, much less what the solution is.

Post your code.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

uduyt

What do you want me to say? maybe it stores it in a 4KB space in the flash memory made only for the Serial, that's what I'm asking, I actually don't know where the data is stored.

MorganS

The Arduino doesn't have a maximum amount of space to store Serial data. It will receive or transmit 'forever'. There is either a problem in your code or in the bluetooth module.

AWOL

Mar 15, 2015, 08:41 am Last Edit: Mar 15, 2015, 08:41 am by AWOL
The thing is, I don't need to store this data.
There's a very, very simple and obvious answer then.

However, without more details and code, I'm going to leave this thread for now.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy