Go Down

Topic: Can't communicate with Adafruit VC0706 camera (Read 55 times) previous topic - next topic

I've got an Arduino Uno and two Adafruit VC0706 cameras.  I've been following the tutorial and have gotten the cameras partially working.

I am able to get a working video signal from the analog out, and I've gotten the cameras to work with the provided CommTool.  However, I cannot get the camera library and sample code to recognize the camera.  cam.begin() always gives the message "No camera found?".  So I went into the library code and added some extra print statements to see where it is failing, and I have discovered that it is timing out because I am not receiving any data.

I'm pretty new to Arduinos, so is there something basic I am forgetting?  The only modification I made to the sample code was commenting out all of the sections that reference the SD card; I do not have that hooked up yet, I'm trying to get some sort of camera response first.  I thought it could be a baud rate problem, but CommTool works perfectly at the default 38400 baud.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

Figured out the problem.  Of course it was something stupid; One of my resistors was the wrong value, so all the camera responses were going straight to ground.   :smiley-sweat:

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy