do you use android?

If so the best app i've found is 'electrodroid'

you name it has it from calculating Ohm's law led resistors 555 and a pin out database there's little you can't do with it regarding electronics thought i'd share my discovery :slight_smile:

google play store - 'electro droid' very very bloody useful :slight_smile:

Thanks for Sharing. Nice app!

I have an Android. I use for ... making voice calls. :smiley:

Yeah, I know, whoodathunkit?

google play store - 'electro droid' very very bloody useful

Using this App from the past 7 months is pretty good a versatile app.

I was given one of the Samsung Galaxy tablets last Christmas, my wife got in on some kind of corporate promo where you could exchange your "miles" for merchandise. She was able to get the tablet and two ipods (one for each kid) for the price of shipping. Good thing too, we were flat broke and Christmas was going to be rather thin around here.

I have a friend who has an iPad, and frankly, I like the Android tablet better.

I mention all of this because of a particular app (free, no less) I found and have been futzing about with:
http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rfo.basic&hl=en

"RFO BASIC". It's a compiler/interpreter with impressive capabilities including access to the various sensors, bluetooth, and the rest. I've used it to make a couple of time wasters and calculators, I mention it here because it really is an awesome little project and in time I may use it to build front ends to a couple of Arduino apps with a serial bluetooth connection. It even integrates into Eclipse as I understand, though have not done that yet (not a huge fan of Eclipse). I'm willing to bet there's more than a couple of folks here that might love this app for doing rapid prototyping of a disposable app or simple front end. It does look capable of handling midweight applications, but for now I am mainly just goofing around with it. Makes a great way to waste time while waiting for things..better than Angry Birds, anyway.

No matter what, this guy deserves some major props for this project- there's a level of professionalism in the project that is rarely found. The fact it allows reasonable development ON THE DEVICE, and includes the runtime interpreter- this dude knows what he is doing.

Just downloaded it on my Nexus 7. Looks good. I'll have a play at the weekend. Thanks for the tip.

Aha. This explains SO much:

"This project is a labor of love by the curator of The Dr. Richard Feynman Observatory and author of Atari Basic and Apple DOS 3.1. It is free to all, now, and forever. The underlying source code is available under the terms of the GNU General Public License."

http://laughton.com/basic/

I believe we all can agree that's not a bad set of qualifications... I remember learning a lot about programming in general on my Atari 400, around 1984 maybe? Inline machine code, Display list interrupts, and copying code from COMPUTE! on a membrane keyboard -- I guess I pretty much owe this guy some of my formative programming forays. I suppose that's reason enough for the rest of you to hate him :wink:

I have a friend who has an iPad, and frankly, I like the Android tablet better.

Yes same with me Android is pretty much good in utilisation but when it comes to hackability and custom DIY stuff it is the best! in the league no other OS comes then, for example cynogenmods are custom ROM's one can do anything to a mobile phone if its with Android.

Awesome app, thanks for the share.

Also, this would have been immensely useful in my physics class.

I used to have a cell phone, mp3 player, gps unit, and PDA.

Now, I have an Android.

Multitaskers >>>> Unitaskers.