Go Down

Topic: I need to run a motor. (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

HBTU9992

I have a motor that is currently being run as a stand alone device that I need to control through my computer so that it only performs 6000 revolutions and then stops.  The motor takes in two sets of wires with the following properties.

Set 1:
1a) 3.3V square wave pulse with a pulse width of 200 ms and a frequency of 385 mHz
1b) Constant 3.3V bias voltage
1c) 3.3V square wave pulse with a pulse width of 200 ms and a frequency of 385 mHz
1d) Constant 3.3V bias voltage

Note: that 1a and 1c are 180 degrees out of phase

Set 2:
2a) 5V square wave pulse with a pulse width of 1.3 sec and a frequency of 385 mHz
2b) 5V square wave pulse with a pulse width of 1.3 sec and a frequency of 385 mHz

Note: 2a and 2b are 180 degrees out of phase

How do I program the arduino to emit this pulse sequence?  Do I need to use the analog or the digital outputs?  Is there a DIY project online that is similar to this problem so that I can copy them?

Riva

You say it's currently running as a standalone device but something must be producing the pulses that are driving it. If you have a part number for the motor or a link to it's data sheet that would help. The arduino is capable of producing the pulse sequences you need but without more info we cannot be sure what sequence the pulses need producing in, the current is being drawn by the motor and what other components will/may be needed.

Far-seeker

The arduino is capable of producing the pulse sequences you need but without more info we cannot be sure what sequence the pulses need producing in, the current is being drawn by the motor and what other components will/may be needed.

Also, keep in mind that offical Arduinos, and all third-party versions I'm aware of, can only generate PWM signals of the same voltage level as what is powering the microcontroller chip.  Therefore on a standard Uno, Mega, or Leonardo, while a constant 3.3 VDC is available the PWM always be at 5 VDC.  Therefore, you will have to reduce the voltage of the PWM some how, either by a voltage divider or a uni-directional level shifter circuit.

kf2qd

Some of your numbers don't add up...

How bout a manufacturer and some part numbers on the motor and existing driver. You might have all the parts you need right there.

Pictures and Part numbers.

HBTU9992

Here is a pic of the setup

Go Up