Go Down

Topic: I need to run a motor. (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

HBTU9992

The motor is enclosed so if there is a switch being tripped I can not see it.  I was hoping to do away with the boards (MD3110 and A29L040L) and replace them with the Arduino to run the motor.  Does that seem possible?  I don't think the motor draws many amp's.

Riva

The motor is enclosed so if there is a switch being tripped I can not see it.  I was hoping to do away with the boards (MD3110 and A29L040L) and replace them with the Arduino to run the motor.  Does that seem possible?  I don't think the motor draws many amp's.

The switches are plain to see (image). Do they get tripped when the motor runs? The project could easily be replaced by an arduino but you will need some way of counting revolutions so you know when your at 6000

HBTU9992

I see the switches now and yes they do get tripped when the motor runs.

HBTU9992

Maybe I can ditch the whole rig and replace the motor with a parallax servo.  Now the big thing is getting it to count to 6000

Riva

Maybe I can ditch the whole rig and replace the motor with a parallax servo.  Now the big thing is getting it to count to 6000

I'm not sure how (if at all) easy it is to count revolutions of a parallax servo without some kind of external counter. They also tend to rotate quite slow. So how fast can this motor rotate and how accurate must the 6000 revolutions be?
Is the entire white casing the motor housing or is the motor embedded in it somewhere and what does it do? Can you photograph the other side so we can see motor & shafts please.
Do the switches count revolutions, it looks like the plastic bit that trips them is to big to rotate.

Go Up