Acrylic Case for Arduino Unos

Hey Everyone,

We just released our line of Acrylic cases for the Arduino UNO boards that have a nice clean look to them. They are made from a colored acrylic, and securely house the Arduino Uno boards, allow access to the USB and power ports, and have slotted side to allow you to cleanly route your project wires in and out of the case. They also come with a set of acrylic legs stands that allow you to stand the case on its side. All hardware for mounting your Arduino board inside, and holding the case together are included.

If your interested check them out here http://madlabindustries.com/products/arduino-related-products/acrylic-cases/acrylic-uno-case/

Nice looking cases, and the price isn't bad.

Any plans for other colors? I'm not much of a fan of orange.

Hello PaulS,

Thank you for your feedback. We are actually planning on having stock of Green and Blue by the end of today and do not plan on carrying the orange much longer as we are coming to the end of our stock on the orange stock.

We are also hoping to release the Mega version of the case later today or tomorrow as well.

If you have any more question please do not hesitate to ask.

Jason
Mad Lab Industries
http://MadLabIndustries.com

I would be interested in when taller cases will be available.

Jim

Hello Jim,

Taller cases are one of the things we are working on now. They should be available within the next few days.

The current case has 1 inch of spacing inside the case. We were thinking of doubling that to a 2 inch spacing. Would this be more in line of what you are looking for? or would you want something even taller?

I will post some design concept pictures up of the taller cases either later tonight or tomorrow and perhaps you can give me any thoughts you may have on it.

Jason
Mad Lab Industries

Hey,

Attached is a rendering of three of the cases. The Arduino Uno standard case, an Arduino Mega Case, and an Arduino Uno Tall Case.
I have also attached a photo of the Arcylic colors we now have available.

Feel free to give input on the designs

MadLabIndustries:
Hello Jim,

Taller cases are one of the things we are working on now. They should be available within the next few days.

The current case has 1 inch of spacing inside the case. We were thinking of doubling that to a 2 inch spacing. Would this be more in line of what you are looking for? or would you want something even taller?

I will post some design concept pictures up of the taller cases either later tonight or tomorrow and perhaps you can give me any thoughts you may have on it.

Jason
Mad Lab Industries

I have a mega with 2 shields, but 1 is an ethernet shield which requires more headroom and the other is a sensor shield with connection on the top. I probably need 4 inches.

Jim

Nice looking cases; I'll keep them in mind for future projects...

BTW - this is off-topic, but I thought I would ask - how did you (or your team member(s)) learn to do the mechanical design of the case - that is, how did you go about learning where to position what and size things so that in the end, it would all come together and fit right?

I'm only asking this because I see several of these projects, and I also see things like commercially made products - I know this is all mechanical design and such, but how do you go from being a mostly "newbie" to being able to make such a design? Are there books available on it? Online tutorials or courses? Any thing else?

A long time ago (junior and high school), I took a few drafting classes that taught how to do technical drawing (pencil, paper, t-squares, etc), but there wasn't much emphasis on how to design something from scratch. I understand that you need measurements, layout, tolerances, etc...but not much else do I understand.

Furthermore, what is needed to say - use Blender to design a gear train with the proper dimensions then print the pieces out using a Makerbot Replicator (or similar 3D printing device - or a CNC machine, or a laser cutter, etc)? It seems like all I can find out there for such work is "how to design things" but they don't go into the deeper knowledge of how to lay out holes, etc - and know how to know it fits together properly, etc - then how to split it up into parts for "printing"...

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know we released the Mega version of the case. It has the same style design as the Uno case, just bigger to fit a mega.
It also has the mounting holes for the Uno inside so this can work for your Uno projects that need more room.

You can check them out http://madlabindustries.com/products/arduino-related-products/acrylic-cases/acrylic-arduino-mega-case/

Here are some pictures of the Mega case

Hello,
I am looking for an MPN (manufacturer part number) for this acrylic case enclosure.
Hope someone out here could help?
Thanks in advance.!

This a 5+ year old thread!!

I'm sure you can find a TON of cases out there..