Go Down

Topic: Detect RF from cell phone (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

sbright33

What kind of module can detect RF from a cell phone?  It's OK if it also detects other RF too, a false positive.  It does not need to be sensitive.  I'd like it to work up to 5ft away.  Would be great if it had an output which goes high when there is a signal.  This way I could use Arduino to differentiate between a burst of data like an SMS compared to a voice call.  I do not need to know the frequency.  Extra credit for a rough signal strength, 2-3 levels.  Links please?  I've tried Googling mostly I get stand alone units. 
If you fall... I'll be there for you!
-Floor

Skype Brighteyes3333
(262) 696-9619

retrolefty

Boffin1

In my experience, almost anything with a speaker or earphone will detect a cellphone operating nearby :-)
With my mobile phone I can call people and talk to them -  how smart can you get ?

retrolefty

In my experience, almost anything with a speaker or earphone will detect a cellphone operating nearby :-)

Not here, I have lots of ham radio and other stuff with speakers and I wouldn't tolerate it if cell phone noise came through them. But then again I'm in the northern hemisphere, so perhaps things are different here, like with toilet swirl direction?  :D

Lefy

sbright33

We've all heard it come thru our stereo speakers.  Because of the long wire?
There must be an easy way to take advantage of this issue.  Ideas?
If you fall... I'll be there for you!
-Floor

Skype Brighteyes3333
(262) 696-9619

Go Up