Any HTML Guru's?

I have an Arduino with an Ethernet Shield.

It all works just fine.... question, anyone ever come across a way of making an invisible url? clickable or is it a simple case of selecting a font color identical to the background color? and have it located somewhere only
a few people know?...

Whatever you do, Ctrl+U will defeat it (except on an iPod).

yeah i'd not be using it for anything important to protect.... i was looking for a way to define a user so to speak, giving the people in the "know" access while outsides just observe.

You will have to set everything to a single color / attribute set - mouse over attributes, link attributes, text attributes, background color, cursor attributes, etcetera - using styles / style sheet.

Just bear in mind that the browser (user) is free to override those settings. For example, it is common to display a different pointer when the mouse is over a link. You can try to disable that but the browser is free to ignore your attempt.

Unless you prevent it from happening, Google will index your link. It will eventually show up in Google search results.

I used to use a tiny transparent GIF, the above issues still apply though I think.

Rob

Interesting, invisible image :slight_smile:

Even if you would create an "invisible" link, google's spiders would crawl it and everybody could access to your secret site...
One of the safest ways for you is to use htaccess to protect the file with a password..

That's correct, in my case that's exactly what I wanted as I was trapping the IP addresses of spiders and no-one else would get to the linked page.

Rob