Go Down

Topic: ArduinoUNO, LCD and RTC3234 (Read 906 times) previous topic - next topic

newtoarduino

Sep 27, 2012, 09:12 pm Last Edit: Sep 27, 2012, 09:29 pm by newtoarduino Reason: 1
I have succesully completed the LCD tutorial, and I my Real Time Clock (RTC3234) also seem to be working fine. I can't figure a way to connect the RTC to the LCD through the arduino tho. I would like the day and the time to be displayed on the LCD screen. Also, what would I need to implement to the program?

Thanks!

floresta

Sep 28, 2012, 12:01 am Last Edit: Sep 28, 2012, 12:03 am by floresta Reason: 1
and I my Real Time Clock (RTC3234) also seem to be working fine.

I need some more information.  What is an RTC3234 (link to datasheet) and how do you you know that it is working fine?

Don

newtoarduino

Hi, thanks for reply. RTC3234 is a real time clock. (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10160).I know it is working ine, because I connected it to my arduino as indicated, and ran a sample program that comes with it...but I have no idea how to connect both (LCD and RTC) to my arduino...I tried, but it doesn't work at all

dhenry

I don't know why, but I can assure you that neither your wiring nor your code is the problem.

floresta

I don't know why, but I can assure you that neither your wiring nor your code is the problem.

How can you possibly come up with a conclusion like that without seeing either the wiring or the code?  Just because they work separately does in no way imply that they will work simultaneously.

Don

Go Up