Go Down

Topic: 8 x 32 display (Read 2878 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

The bottom is the updated Block Diagram of what I have running.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Aaron_dyer

This is exactly how I have it wired up...

and as you use ss 10 , 9, 8 and 7..

I use  53, 49, 48, and 47  (Because 50 - 52 are the other SPI pins)

I'm just torn between what we have and what this playground site says to do:

http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Main/MAX72XXHardware

its saying the Load and Clk are in parallel but the data (MOSI) needs to be cascaded for the syncing into the next matrix...

bratan

The data pins are definitely in parallel Aaron, as noted in an EDIT to the first post.
The code as written wouldn't work if each device wasn't being addressed seperately.

Here's the latest code that I have running.

Whoa, I was just making almost same exact schematic yesterday. How did you interconnect SEG pins between 2 MAX7219 chips? Did you use diodes?
Xronos Clock - A talking arduino based alarm clock is now available. Check out xronosclock.com for pictures, source code, schematics, and purchasing info :)

CrossRoads

I'm only using 1 color. I wasn't aware I had dual color parts when I started, only discovered that after wiring up the first one and seeing all the extra pins.
Back to the internet at that point for a better datasheet. Found a part number on the artwork on the bottom of the matrix that led to a datasheet that better reflected the part, vs the marking on the side.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up