Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: 8 x 32 display  (Read 2656 times)
Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

The bottom is the updated Block Diagram of what I have running.

* 8x32_matrix_examples1.jpg (97.82 KB, 960x720 - viewed 22 times.)

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Raleigh, NC.
Addicted to Arduino
View Profile

This is exactly how I have it wired up...

and as you use ss 10 , 9, 8 and 7..

I use  53, 49, 48, and 47  (Because 50 - 52 are the other SPI pins)

I'm just torn between what we have and what this playground site says to do:

http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Main/MAX72XXHardware

its saying the Load and Clk are in parallel but the data (MOSI) needs to be cascaded for the syncing into the next matrix...

New York
xronosclock.com
View Profile

The data pins are definitely in parallel Aaron, as noted in an EDIT to the first post.
The code as written wouldn't work if each device wasn't being addressed seperately.

Here's the latest code that I have running.
Whoa, I was just making almost same exact schematic yesterday. How did you interconnect SEG pins between 2 MAX7219 chips? Did you use diodes?

Xronos Clock - A talking arduino based alarm clock is now available. Check out xronosclock.com for pictures, source code, schematics, and purchasing info smiley

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I'm only using 1 color. I wasn't aware I had dual color parts when I started, only discovered that after wiring up the first one and seeing all the extra pins.
Back to the internet at that point for a better datasheet. Found a part number on the artwork on the bottom of the matrix that led to a datasheet that better reflected the part, vs the marking on the side.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: