Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: controlling a actuator by canbus  (Read 920 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello, First post here.
I'd like to know if I can use the arduino to control a delfia actuator vi  j1939 can ?  I don't need to power it as I have power source, I just need to send the (right) signal to get it to move. I'm just needing to move it to whatever position I call for . Can this be done ? T
hanks !

View Profile

Nothing ? Am I asking the right questions or in the wrong place ?

Pottstown, PA
View Profile

Hello. It took me some digging to even find out what you are talking about. I searched for delphia actuator. Second in the list of hits for that search was your own post. A search for delphi actuators was much more rewarding. Now I knew what a delphi actuator is and I guessed that version 1 (vi) was meant to read 'via'. So then I did a search for delphi actuator arduino and came up with this: https://www.google.com/search?source=ig&rlz=1G1TSHB_ENUS352&q=delphia+actuator&oq=delphia+actuator&gs_l=igoogle.3..0i22.775.10385.0.11551.14.13.0.1.1.0.301.1353.12j3-1.13.0...0.0...1ac.1.-bYwBAoCeKw#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_nf=3&gs_mss=delphi%20actuator&tok=r6YmgDil_cnSI-ulftkhgg&pq=delphi%20actuators&cp=23&gs_id=16&xhr=t&q=delphi+actuator+arduino&pf=p&tbo=d&rlz=1G1TSHB_ENUS352&sclient=psy-ab&oq=delphi+actuator+arduino&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=936fd8e854666be7&bpcl=35277026&biw=1280&bih=743

Perhaps the reason you didn't get a response is that noone knew what you were talking about.

- Scotty

Staffordshire UK
Just a little bit out there ...
View Profile

You will get a better response if you post a qualified question.
What signal do you actually need? a link to something describing the actuator interface would help.

There are CAN-BUS shields available, perhaps that helps.

If I knew where the box was I would probably still want to think outside it!

Feel free to be blunt ... Its how I learn.

View Profile

Sorry for the confusions, I did not know how to word my question..
The actuator is a Delphi sra and has four wires coming out of it. Two are for 12v, two are canbus . Everything I know about it says it uses the j1939 can signal.

View Profile

Well I've looked and looked but I can't find much on this actuator. Maybe that's why I got them for free ! They came off a turbo and the Delphi site says they can be PWM or CAN. I don't mind buying a can shield if it would work. How does one go about figuring out what signal a actuator would need if you don't know already ?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: