Go Down

Topic: controlling a actuator by canbus (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Hello, First post here.
I'd like to know if I can use the arduino to control a delfia actuator vi  j1939 can ?  I don't need to power it as I have power source, I just need to send the (right) signal to get it to move. I'm just needing to move it to whatever position I call for . Can this be done ? T
hanks !

Nothing ? Am I asking the right questions or in the wrong place ?

Hello. It took me some digging to even find out what you are talking about. I searched for delphia actuator. Second in the list of hits for that search was your own post. A search for delphi actuators was much more rewarding. Now I knew what a delphi actuator is and I guessed that version 1 (vi) was meant to read 'via'. So then I did a search for delphi actuator arduino and came up with this: https://www.google.com/search?source=ig&rlz=1G1TSHB_ENUS352&q=delphia+actuator&oq=delphia+actuator&gs_l=igoogle.3..0i22.775.10385.0.11551.,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=936fd8e854666be7&bpcl=35277026&biw=1280&bih=743

Perhaps the reason you didn't get a response is that noone knew what you were talking about.

- Scotty

You will get a better response if you post a qualified question.
What signal do you actually need? a link to something describing the actuator interface would help.

There are CAN-BUS shields available, perhaps that helps.
If I knew where the box was I would probably still want to think outside it!

Feel free to be blunt ... Its how I learn.

Sorry for the confusions, I did not know how to word my question..
The actuator is a Delphi sra and has four wires coming out of it. Two are for 12v, two are canbus . Everything I know about it says it uses the j1939 can signal.

Well I've looked and looked but I can't find much on this actuator. Maybe that's why I got them for free ! They came off a turbo and the Delphi site says they can be PWM or CAN. I don't mind buying a can shield if it would work. How does one go about figuring out what signal a actuator would need if you don't know already ?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131