Go Down

Topic: WHich USB cables do I need PLEASE!!! Mega ADK board. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

I believe I have the one USB cable that goes from the MEGA's Square connector to the PC just a regular USB  cable correct?

What about the Female USB connector on the MEGA ADK?  MOst Androids have the Micro A to Normal Male USB but how does one connect a Standard MALE to MALE?

My Tablet is a WM8560 and has a Dongle which connects to the port at the bottom of the Tablet and provides FEMALE USB connectors and  Ethernet.

I need a Male to Male correct and not ACTIVE?

I can't find one in any stores nearby.  I wonder if I can get a Micro Male to standard Male adapter then I am set!!

Strictly, there are no male/female USB connections. There are just the different types. The connections are the same, regardless of shape.

Can I ask this please.  They sell a USB A Male to USB a Male non active would that work?  I am referring to the ADK MEga.  One of those USB ports make the ADK except external USB devices such as the Android.  But if My Android does not have a Micro A or Micro B but just a USB A then I would need a USB A Male to USB A Male correct?  The MEGA ADK has a USB female end to except these devices right?  The other connector is for the Mega ADK to PC a standard USB cable.

I don't think your answer was helpful at all.  Is there a Document on this to show me the different USB cable configurations?  I am guessing that the only other possible one I would need which I have is a USB A Male to USB Micro A or B male for Android devices that have the female Micro connection.

Mine is a tablet with a port that takes a Dongle that has 2 USB Female connectors and 1 Ethernet.  No Micro on it!!

Sep 29, 2012, 05:46 pm Last Edit: Sep 29, 2012, 05:51 pm by dxw00d Reason: 1

Which version of Android are you using on that tablet. A quick google shows it running 2.2. The Open Accessory Protocol originally required Android 3.1, and was back-ported to 2.3.4, but isn't supported on 2.2.

Sep 29, 2012, 06:08 pm Last Edit: Sep 29, 2012, 06:10 pm by pluggy Reason: 1
Are you aware of the difference between a USB host and a USB device ?  You connect a host to a device, the arduino is a device so it needs connecting to a host, I have an android phone with a micro USB connector, it is also a device and is intended to be connected to a host (eg a PC). It cannot be connected to another USB device such as an Arduino.  Some tablets can be used as USB hosts (and many cannot) , but they usually have either the familiar rectangular socket as used on PCs or a proprietry connector intended to be used with their cable.  

@Pluggy - The OP has an ADK board, which has a host interface on board.

Excuse the old dinosaur, in the world he inhabits, the horse pulls the cart...........     

Sep 29, 2012, 08:24 pm Last Edit: Sep 29, 2012, 08:27 pm by pcfr33k Reason: 1
This android is a 2.3 version WM8650 with a dongle that supplies 2 USB and 1 ethernet port.

Since there is still no clear cut answer to my question I have to go with a NON ACTIVE Standard USB Male A to USB Male A cable.

One to connect to ADK and the other to connect to Android.

I see that Android version 2.2 won't be supported!!

Well then Microbridge time!!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131