Go Down

Topic: Having trouble on solving the following tasks (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic

AWOL

You're still missing the point of using the for loop to provide you with indices.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Jonraptor

Oct 04, 2012, 04:17 pm Last Edit: Oct 04, 2012, 04:19 pm by Jonraptor Reason: 1
How am i suppose to announce the indices that i need to call out the printout that i am looking for (say i need  to call out a printout of 25 C with a range between  4030 & 4470) How will i apply that in an index method?

AWOL

Oct 04, 2012, 04:29 pm Last Edit: Oct 04, 2012, 04:33 pm by AWOL Reason: 1
I now cannot work out what you're trying to do.
If you're just filtering for specific values, then you don't need loops at all.

I thought you were using a for loop to give you lookup capabilities, but since you don't use the indices, you're just wasting processing cycles.
I also don't see why you need to iterate over the columns of the table at all.

I see your double increment has crept back in.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Jonraptor

Oct 04, 2012, 04:33 pm Last Edit: Oct 04, 2012, 04:45 pm by Jonraptor Reason: 1

I now cannot work out what you're trying to do.
If you're just filtering for specific values, then you don't need loops at all.

I thought you were using a for loop to give you lookup capabilities, but since you don't use the indices, you're just wasting processing cyles.
I also don't see why you need to iterate over the columns of the table at all.

I see your double increment has crept back in.

That's the whole point of having the for loop...is to use it for lookup capabilities as you have mentioned.

PaulS

i myself, don't like to use for loops as much to be honest with you.

Because, it appears, you do not understand them. They are really quite simple, and very, very useful. I think it would be worth the effort to understand them.

Go Up