Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Basic resistor question  (Read 582 times)
London, UK
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi,

I hope I have posted in the right topic - if not please accept my apologies!

I have just started working my way through 30 Projects for an Evil Genius on the Arduino.  One of the items I had to buy was a 270 ohm resistor.  I bought 5 as they are quite cheap but I am wondering as I build up my supply of electrical components how I will remember that those ones are 270 ohm? 

Is it just a case of putting them in a box labelled as such or is there a better method?

Thanks!

Ed

nr Bundaberg, Australia
Tesla Member
Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.
View Profile

Are they leaded components or surface mount.

I the first they have coloured bands that tell you the value, if SMDs they usually have a code that does the same.

That said most people have plastic boxes with labels, like fishing tackle storage boxes.

______
Rob

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Shannon Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Would the coloured stripes on the resistors happen to be red-purple-brown perchance?  google "resistor colour codes"

[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

London, UK
View Profile

Thanks both - not sure what type they are but they are blue with three little stripes on.  I will look into colour codes and file them in my box accordingly!

Thanks again.

Ed

United Kingdom
Tesla Member
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
View Profile

If you're planning on doing a lot with Arduino then I suggest you get one of these: http://www.rapidonline.com/Electronic-Components/Mr25-Metal-Film-Resistor-Kit-13-0270/?sid=8eda8e7d-c560-49b5-a97a-95f4d637431e

Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: