Go Down

Topic: After burning bootloader UNO won't take new code via USB (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Scott Baker

I picked up a usbasp from Ebay for $4, and was playing with it and my Uno. I was able to upload code to my board via the IDE (upload via programmer), etc. Just for testing I did "burn bootloader" and after a long time it appears to have worked. It reverted to the standard "blink" sketch that comes on new Arduinos.

But now I can't upload any sketches to it via USB/Serial. The Uno is recognized by the OS, I get /dev/ttyACM0 but it won't take new code. It returns:

Code: [Select]
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

every time I try and program it via USB. I also tried Windows, and I get the same thing. COM3 is detected, but it won't take code.

Do I need to reprogram the USB chip also? Can I do that with the IDE?

spcomputing

Scott Baker

Good question... I presume the Uno? How do you pick? I'm guessing it's just based on which "board" you have selected in the drop down?

spcomputing

Good question... I presume the Uno? How do you pick? I'm guessing it's just based on which "board" you have selected in the drop down?

Yup.  You need to pick the board type and the programmer type.  Are you using SLOW_CLK on the USBasp?

Scott Baker

I'll try it again tonight and let you know. How do I set SLOW_CLK on the USBasp? What does that even do?

Go Up