Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Info on 3.2" TFT labeled "TFT_320QVT"  (Read 2751 times)
Argentina
DIY
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I just bought a 3.2" 320x240 65K color TFT with touch sensor and SD slot from dealextreme and found it very hard to find any information on it.
The only information it has is "TFT_320QVT" on the back and didn't find anything useful on google so I'm sharing my research.
I even detached the TFT from the PCB and still couldn't find anything useful. The visible IC is a driver for the touch sensor.

I finally found out it uses a SSD1289 IC driver (datasheet is easy to find). Works only in 16 bit mode. Even if the driver supports serial and 8-bit modes, the board WONT.

Got it working with the UTFT library example, but it uses absolutely all I/O pins from an Arduino UNO (16 for data + 4 for control, just for image output, no SD, no touch sensing).
On the TFT's PCB pins I connected Ground to Ground, Vcc to +3.3V, Led_A to +3.3V and the rest of the relevant TFT board pins (3.3V logic) THROUGH 10K RESISTORS to the Arduino Board pins (5V logic) with no problem.
Haven't tested it thoroughly but at least it didn't burn out and there was no capacitive noise problems (all tested in a breadboard with regular 0.25W carbon resistors)

Hope it helps!

Some pictures of the TFT board (sorry for the lack of focus, my webcam is limited)

And the test circuit (to show that it should totally have noise and glitches, but doesn't smiley-wink )
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 10:01:41 pm by 2bam » Logged

View Profile

Hi, I just bought the very same one. On the board, located on the lower left part there is a jumper indicated J1. Do you know what 's its purpose ?
I'm about to drive it through a Uno, but do to the number of pins needed, I planned to use 74HC595 shifters. Do you know somebody who tried this before ?
Regards.

Argentina
DIY
View Profile

Nope, don't know if anybody tried that and also don't know what that J1 jumper does  smiley-razz

I thought of doing it serially, but it seems like it would be pretty slow. You'll need 32 extra instructions just to draw each pixel.
There's a "latched" mode for 8-bit latches in UTFT, for 16-bit displays that frees 7 pins (needs one to "latch" the other port)

Switching to a Mega 2560 might be the best option.

Regards

p.s. took a better pic of the "setup":
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 02:42:36 am by 2bam » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: