Go Down

Topic: POSTing from site to SIM900 module (Read 2127 times) previous topic - next topic

Oct 02, 2012, 09:37 pm Last Edit: Oct 02, 2012, 09:40 pm by NI$HANT Reason: 1
Well I have successfully used the GPRS to uplift whatever I like and store it on my websites database whenever however I may like , but now I'm trying to mod the stuff and write some script etc to make the arduino receive stuff from my website , like say a button clicked  , whenever I put php along with the scripting the php does not work, the code is as follows:

Code: [Select]
<!DOCTYPE html>
var state
function on()
 state = document.getElementById('but1').value;
 document.getElementById('field2').value = state;
function off()

state = document.getElementById('but2').value;
 document.getElementById('field2').value = state;

Field2: <input type="text" id="field2" />
<br /><br />
<input type='button' id="but1" onclick='on()' value='ON' />
<input type='button' id="but2" onclick='off()' value='OFF' />
echo "hashar";
             if (
state == "ON")
             if (
state == "OFF")

on the FIELD2: box shows and the two respective button also the scripting works but then nothing shows out of the php code.

Another point here is how I access the variables in scripting? I want to access the state variable
"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"

ਫ਼ਤੇਹ ਕਰੁਂ!

This is a PHP problem and has nothing to do with the Arduino! Ask in a PHP forum.

Hint anyway: PHP has no direct access to javascript variables, think about when and where PHP is executed, when and where javascript is executed.

Oct 05, 2012, 08:50 pm Last Edit: Oct 05, 2012, 09:09 pm by NI$HANT Reason: 1
Actually Now I have made some progress, I have used AJAX request to shoot HTTP get requests and that code is working flawlessly:

An excerpt from the code showing HOW the get data is sent to the script myform.php in a Silent way that is not opening any windows or showing in the link the script file running:

var namevalue=encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById("but2").value)
mygetrequest.open("GET", "myform.php?name="+namevalue, true)

At the other side the myform.php receives the values correctly you can see at http://winacro.com/scriptGET.php

So now I want to send the clicks to my SIM900 module running using ATmega328, previously I did the following request code and was successful in loading the values to a database on my server BUT THE MAIN QUESTION HERE IS HOW I CAN DO IT IN THE OTHER WAY AROUND that is now to send values from my site to Arduino:

reading = analogRead(tempPin);
 tempC = reading / 9.31;

mySerial.println("AT+HTTPACTION=1");//submit the request

I wanted to know I should I make the AT+HTTPPARA loaded as such I get the values from the clicks I make on that page.

EDIT: I further read into the SIM900 datasheet and what I read about is two commands that may work for me as follows:

1) AT+HTTPREAD=<data_len>,<byte size> , to be used when the  AT+HTTPACTION=0 or AT+HTTPDATA is executed , so where should I execute it above httpaction and httpdata or below, I mean simply where should I write it?

2) AT+HTTPDATA=<size>,<time>,where in the code?
"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"

ਫ਼ਤੇਹ ਕਰੁਂ!

Did you ever figure out how to get the data into your GSM module?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131