Go Down

Topic: Stuck copper in PWM (Read 999 times) previous topic - next topic

friendshipismagic

Hey! I accidentally snapped a copper wire in one of the pwm pins. I tried using a needle to get it out but i won't budge. So if I unsolder the bottom of the pin and poke out the copper, will that be safe and not damage the pwm circuit? If not, is there any better alternate solutions before I go ahead and potentially ruin my board? Any help would be great thanks.

o_lampe

sometimes it is easier to remove the plastik-housing instead of desoldering a pin.
It's not my fault when my Posts are full of Errors. This stupid autocorrection from my browser is set up for german grammar.

mrichaelblack

Absolutely remove the plastic housing, the housing usually will have a "U" shaped contact in it and it likely will not come out the top of the socket.
Grab the whole header, and gently wiggle back and forth with a slight upward force. They usually will come off/ go back on quite easily.

friendshipismagic

Thanks a bunch! I removed the header which took just a little wiggling and finally got it up. One of the actual pins in the header snapped but i think it can still conduct! But lesson learned, do not bend the copper.

fungus

Thanks a bunch! I removed the header which took just a little wiggling and finally got it up. One of the actual pins in the header snapped but i think it can still conduct! But lesson learned, do not bend the copper.

Headers are very cheap to replace...
No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

Go Up